Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Trip to Phoenix



We just went to Phoenix. It was so nice to have some warm weather, see my family, and just relax for a weekend. Doug and I flew out of Salt Lake City on Friday, and then back on Sunday. It was a fast trip but well worth it. We went to see my sister that is going through Breast Cancer. She is healing up nicely and starts Chemo on Feb. 08. My brother and his wife (Jim and Judy) flew in from Sacramento for the weekend too. My dad is living down there for the winter so he was also there. It was a lot of fun. We got there Friday night and just hung out for awhile. Then we all went to dinner at a place called, "The Native New Yorker." It was fun. On Saturday we all went to my dad and Kris's trailer park and just sat around and visited all day. It was 72 degrees!!!! That was wonderful!!!! It was fun just shotting the breeze with everybody. Then on Sunday everybody gathered at my sisters house and we went to brunch at "5 and Dinner". Then went back to Terri's and visited until Doug and I had to leave. We left at 1pm. Our flight got out right on time and we got to SLC just fine. The flight had a lot of turbulence when we were landing!!! That was yucky, but all was well. I was glad to be on solid ground. Then the drive back to Idaho Falls began. It was supposed to be bad weather but it was fine other than some wind. We stopped at "Red Robbin" for dinner and then on our way. We got to Rigby to pick up the girls around 9:30pm and then came home finally. It was a short and fast weekend, but like I said earlier it was well worth it. I am so glad I got to see my sister and the rest of my family. It has been over a year since I have seen them. My sister looks great!!!!!! I know that she will have the courage and strength to get through the chemo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are so great! I am truly glad that you guys all had a great time together. It was good for Terri to see all of you and for you all to see she is doing well. I go back in two weeks to be with her again, and can't wait to see her again.

Love you all---Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like an old people weekend--all that sitting around visiting--that's right we are old!! Just kidding, it was great to be with everybody and the hugs were even better. Hope we all get to do it again soon--next time, our house.

Love you,
Jim and Judy